Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 124 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.biz to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. EEO Employer. Veterans, Minorities and Women encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Excavator Operator
Job Responsibilities: An Excavator Operator performs any of the following duties on construction projects, sometimes working in a utility capacity, by transferring from one job to another where equipment operating demands are required. In addition, operators are asked to spend a significant amount of time working outside of the equipment working as laborers.
Job Qualifications: Proven experience (3-5 years) operating an excavator in a municipal underground utilities capacity. Must also work as a laborer when not operating excavator.
- Grease equipment each working day prior to use.
- Check fluid levels on equipment prior to use.
- Have good working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Be capable of digging for grade.
- Be highly skilled at digging around obstacles, i.e. gas lines, water lines, and others as encountered.
- Slope/Shore excavation walls.
- Load/Unload various materials from delivery trucks.
- Perform daily general inspections of equipment each day before operating begins to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Will assist other workers in various labor-based tasks. This will require lifting (heavy at times, up to 100 pounds).
- May be required to perform emergency repair to equipment.
- Other misc. duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Know Company safety policies and adhere to them while working at all times.
CANDIDATES WHO ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE FIELD TESTED AS PART OF THE INTERVIEW AND SELECTION PROCESS. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off