Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 125 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.biz to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. Dondlinger Construction is an EEO employer. Women ,minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Semi-Skilled Laborer
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives them, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth (digs) to fine grade specifications with a shovel or pick.
- Mixes concrete using a portable mixer.
- Smooths and forms freshly poured concrete using a float, trow, or screed.
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals pipe sections.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces to job and safety specifications.
- Brushes and/or spreads paints or other compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Grinds, sands, or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, or wood flooring using abrasive tools or machines.
- Installs concrete reinforcing as directed.
- Sort forms stripped according to size.
- Removing forms from set concrete.
- Performs numerous tasks involving dexterous use of hands and hand tools such as tying rebar, cutting wood, using a jackhammer, dismantling forms, and shoveling.
- Lifts, carries, and holds building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Cleans tools, equipment, materials, and the work area.
- Other misc. duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Know Company safety policies and adhere to them while working at all times.
Ability to reach and grip constantly
Ability to stoop and kneel frequently
Ability to climb, balance, crouch and crawl occasionally
Ability to lift 0-25 pounds constantly
Ability to lift 25-75 pounds frequently
Ability to lift 75+ pounds occasionally
Constant exposure to weather
Frequent exposure to dust/fumes
Constant time spent working on your feet
Occasional use of vibratory tools
Occasional work above and below ground
Must be able to bring a hammer and tape measure.
Must wear a hard hat, safety glasses and work boots.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off