Dondlinger Construction Company is one of the industry’s most experienced general contractors with over 125 years in business. Founded in 1898, Dondlinger has a long history of completing landmark projects throughout the region, including Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Missouri and Iowa. We have capabilities in commercial building, civil construction; including bridge and heavy highway, and underground utility construction. In addition, Dondlinger works year-round, has career advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. Visit our website at www.dondlinger.build to learn more about our completed and currently “under construction” projects, our rich past and our exciting future. Dondlinger Construction is an EEO compliant employer. Veterans, women, minorities and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Form/Rough Carpenter-Commercial
A Carpenter performs any of the following duties on construction projects and will sometimes transfer from one job to another where labor demands are required. In addition, carpenters are asked to spend a significant amount of time working in a laborer capacity as well.
- Construct formwork into which concrete is poured
- Set an outline of the structure on the ground of the site using string and pegs to allow for excavations
- Have good working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Erect decks/floors and walls/retaining walls, to included roadways, bridges, heavy highway and/or commercial building projects.
- Read plans and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions, and installation processes
- Cut materials with hand and power tools, assemble and nail, cut and shape items
- Will assist other workers in various labor-based tasks. This will require lifting (heavy at times)
- Working at significant heights
- Must have knowledge of all hand tools and how to operate them efficiently
- Other misc. duties as directed by your supervisor
- Know Company safety policies and adhere to them while working at all times
- Able to work productively in a team environment and follow directions given by jobsite supervisors.
- Able to travel to and from various jobsite locations with reliable transportation.
- Able to work safely according to Company policy and OSHA standards.
- Able to stoop, kneel, balance and crawl frequently, with the ability to lift 25-75+ lbs. occasionally.
- You are required to provide the following items for your personal use:
- Hard-Sole Leather/Steel Toe Boots
- Tape Measure
- Tool Belt
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off